Monday, March 19, 2012

Steelhead Spring Run and some Farm Pond Bass

So WOW.. this is the 5th or 6th day with record warmth here in the NW Indiana.  I have been itching to get out.  Today I was able to get out for a few hours and man was it nice.  I know the spring steelhead run is in full swing but I looks like it all messed up.  Compared to last year the fish were running up little by little each week.  With the warmer temps last week we seen a huge surge.  This week fish are falling back and lots of steelhead have came to the end of road.  One part of the creek looks like a murder scene.  I counted about 12 steelhead on the shores washed up after their spawn.  I seen alot of fish getting ready to do the same.   I dont know if its going to last till end of April.  But we have some storms rolling in and maybe that will bring a new push of fish up.  The Mother SUCKER run is happening also.  I landed over 30 or so on the fly rod today.

Today I went 6 for 8 today on a bunny leech.  Then at a undisclosed location were steelies are not the norm.  I seen about 10 of them jumping into a lake up a dam.  This lake does not hold steelies at all.  I lost one at my feet on a egg pattern.

Well the photos of the day......

Enjoy and Tight Lines

Priceless

In Bloom already

Steel 1

Steel 2

Steel 3

Steel 4

Steel 4 underwater shot

Steel 2 underwater shot

Farm Pond Bass on the FLY

Farm Pond Bass 2 on the FLY


No comments:

Post a Comment